Saturday, March 25, 2006

frustration

I am so cranky.
I feel so stretched to the limit, and I am done. I am part of ICAN of Tacoma, which is simply falling apart. Our meetings, which are informative and important, are attended by two people every time. I love those two people dearly, but is it worth my effort? I'd just as easily--and readily-- have those tow women over for coffee once a month to gab.
I just heard from my friend and co-board member (for ICAN) that she is quitting soon. That leaves me and Rachael.
We all have a meeting today, and I don't know what to do. I am so ready to just say, "Fine. I'm done, too." It stresses me out so much, each month when I anticipate the upcoming meeting. Who will attend? Who will speak? What will be our topic? How can we promote the meetings?

It makes me so mad that I may be abandoning ICAN of Tacoma because I think this is such an important and worthwhile organization. We just don't attract women who have had cesareans or women who want to prevent cesareans or women who want to VBAC. Like, no one cares about this issue?

I don't nkow what I'm going to do yet. I'll know more after our board meeting tonight. I'm so sad.

No comments: