Wednesday, December 19, 2007

responsibility

I am a celebrity gossip junkie.

Last night I read on one of my favorite blogs (Dlisted)that Jamie Lynn Spears, age 16, is pregnant.

Of course, it's everywhere this morning, and every article I read says something about her "taking responsibility" in this situation.

Ugh. Spare me.

Does that mean if she terminated the pregnancy, she is irresponsible or is taking the irresponsible route? Hardly.

I am pro-choice to the core. If one of my girls got pregnant at that age--or any age, really, when a kid wouldn't fit into her plans-- I would encourage her to terminate. I would even find her a great care provider.

So I say pshaw on Jamie Lynn Spears being "responsible." And pshaw on anyone who thinks that just because she's knocked up and keeping her baby ("What a cute little baby! I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him...") that she's making the most responsible choice.

No comments: