Friday, August 28, 2009

finals

This is the final Friday of a lovely Summer Break. 
I have enjoyed the past several weeks, and I am sad that it is coming to an end; nonetheless, I am looking forward to shipping some kids off to school for 6+ hours a day. I expect this school year to be faaaarrrr better than last school year, which I think was a waste of 180 days of Maya's life.  Seriously.

And I don't have to endure having Paige in high school anymore.  The gods are good.

Brittani begins her senior year this year, and I expect her senior year to be faaaarrrr better than Paiges senior year.  Please, please, please, do not make me eat my words. 

If I told you that Paige's senior year left permanent scars on my psyche, would that sound crazy?  Because it did.  Dammit.  I need to let the anger goooooo... I stopped seeing that therapist, btw.  I think she is crazy. 

Anyway, that senior year is done, and we are on to a better year this year!

~~~~

So I've been busting my ass, getting up 4 days a week at 4:45am to go to spin at the Y, and we've begun lifting weights 3 times a week.  I've been paying every month to attend Weight Watchers meetings weekly since May.  I have lost 20+lbs, and I am now within a normal BMI.  I am no longer in the "overweight" category.  I am at the top end of normal for my height, but I'm there. I feel great...better than I have in years.  I feel even better than I did when I was on South Beach Diet because I can still eat what I want to eat--just less of it.  I do feel full faster now, too.  Just last night I had a slice of meat pizza and salad with strawberries, sliced almonds and feta tossed with olive oil and balsamic.  Totally full.  One slice of pizza.  I used to pack in three or four, I swear. Ick.  
But Pizza.  I ate pizza.  At least once a week I eat a slice of pizza, and I still lose weight.  Never on SBD could I do that.
Now I need to lose another 10-15lbs and keep it off until January of 2011...our long awaited trip to Mexico.  

No comments: