That said, I want to try to get back to blogging about my mundane life and such a little bit more since I haven't even peeked at my blogger dashboard in months. It can get tedious, y'all.
Life recap in a quick minute:
- Paige is no longer going to comminuty college. Well, not winter quarter, anyway. Hopefully she'll be back in the spring. She's currently working at a local ski area in the retail shop. She's been working a lot of hours, but she should be back to her regular 4-day work-week now that the holidays are over.
- Brittani is still trucking along in her senior year of high school. Her portfolio is coming along well, and she is way more on top of it than Paige was last year. YeA! She submitted her application to WSU in December, so we're excited to hear back about that. She has a new boyfriend, but she always seems to have a boyfriend. This one actually seems nice and sane, which is a change. She attracts the crazies, you know.
- Maya is Maya. Swim team. The Y. Girl Scouts. She's 9 and in 3rd grade....there isn't much more to say. She seems to be rebounding academically from her crappy year last year. It's amazing how a good teacher can lift a kid and how a bad teacher can really cause a kid to lose skills that were once present. Luckily she has a very adept teacher this year, and she should have the same teacher next year, too.
- Wayne and I are still making the most of our Y membership. We go to spin classes 3-5 days a week at 5:30am, and we also try to go at least twice a week for strength training (both of us) and Zumba (me) in the evenings. I'm not losing anymore weight, even though I want to. I don't know what to do. Eat more? Eat less? Move more? Move differently? I would love to do a few sessions with a trainer...maybe for my birthday. Currently I am at 125, and I would like to get down another 8-10lbs; at this point, it feels impossible.
- I finalized my hiring with teh school district, so I am now--officially--employed for the first time since, oh, 1998? Now I just need to work :-) I'm a substitute paraeductaor, and I haven't got a call all week--until last night, and I ignored it. Sigh. I guess that was another resolution: quit ignoring the school district's work calls. I need to work on that one, apparently.
- We're gearing up for Disneyland in celebration of Brittani's graduation. We are going in late April this time, so hopefully it won't rain on us the entire time like last year, when we went in February. We will only be going to Disneyland, so we won't rent a car, which should save on costs in gas and car rental fees. Last year we went to San Diego from Anaheim on two different days and we spent another day in LA at Universal Studios. Great fun, all of it, but we need to simplify this year. We're excited but slightly stressed about how we're going to pay for this vacation.
- In addition to Disneyland, we have our Big Trip to Mexico next January, which we are already trying to prepare for. We hope to go to Cozumel. Or is it Cancun? Somewhere over there anyway. We are looking into all-inclusives because it's easier that way. I think we may have found one or two we like, so now it's just a matter of paying for it. And that will probably be our last vacation for years and years.