Wednesday, August 4, 2010

it's grand

Two of our kids have now graduated, and one is for sure not living here at home anymore with the other likely to move in with her mom at the end of summer.

Would it be bad to say, "I can get used to this!"?

Sure, it's quiet, dull and lonely at times, but on the bright side, it's quiet, dull and lonely at times!

Paige and I get along a lot better when we don't live together; she's turned out to be a good kid.  She'll be 20 in a little less than 2 weeks (!), and I think she'll be okay.  She isn't lavished with things as much as some of her friends, so I think she'll either hate me for it later or thank me for it.  I just wish she was more on top of getting her school stuff together.  You know: financial aid, registration...

Brittani is 18.  I don't think anything else needs to be said.  Anyone who has ever lived with an 18 year-old understands what I'm talking about: 18 is hell.   Hopefully by the time she's 20, things will smooth over.

I'm just going to enjoy these next few (too few) years before Maya hits that icky stage of 11 to 20 years of age.  Peaks and valleys ahead, folks...

No comments: