Thursday, December 15, 2005

I am a childbirth educator. I teach The Bradley Method® (see links to the right). Recently we had some drama amongst teachers in our area, which resulted in one teacher getting her certification revoked. It was pretty gnarly. I was really afraid that would impact my business-- my classes-- in a negative way, but it's just not so!

I am so happy that I have a full class this January.

I was at a birth last week that was so awesome. My friend and colleague was birthing her second child at home in the water. It was a beautiful birth, and I was so happy to be there. She had a baby girl about 21 hours after her BOW ruptured and after about 4 hours of active labor. I was there from Weds.6am-Thurs.3am. Long day but very worthwhile.

It was one of those births that has me on a high for days.

I was filling out Xmas cards last night (Damn! We have too many to send out!), and I was just yearning for a baby for some reason. I must be ovulating. My youngest just turned 5, so pregnancy/birth/newborn amnesia has settled in on me by now.

Lots to do today, and it's noon-thirty already.

No comments: