Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bah

It is the first week of summer and the first week of summer break, and we aren't bored yet; however, we aren't very motivated either.  My to-do list is lengthy, and I feel like I spin in circles looking at it all and not accomplishing anything.  I did wash the sheets on two or our four beds, though, and I am embarrassed to admit how long it has been since our sheets were washed.  I hate washing sheets because that means I have to make my bed.  It's been awhile, and that's all I will say about that.

Well, I guess I have to go make the damn bed now.  I really wish I had a housekeeper to change my sheets and clean my bathrooms.  That's all I would have her (or him) do.  Instead, I will make my own bed, pee in my clean toilet (that I scrubbed myself today) and climb into the bed with the nice clean sheets (always feels so good) and read The Help.  It's good so far.  I have it on loan electronically from the library, and I forgot about it until today.  I have to read it before it is deleted off my Nook!  I love the voice the author uses; her first character (I'm only on chapter 1) feels so warm and southern.  I've heard mixed reviews from friends who have read The Help, but I'm already engrossed. I'm juggling 3 books right now: The Help; Jacob Have I Loved; Game of Thrones.  All three are great books so far, but I have to prioritize based on due dates!

Speaking of due dates, I may be doula-ing in August and September!

2 comments:

renae said...

Seriously, there has to be a solution for sheets. They're such a pain.

shan said...

Paige went through a no-sheets phase. I don't know if that solves the problem of sheets or simply creates a new problem.