Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

I had a great Mother's Day.

We had my mom and dad over for brunch; Wayne made croissant french toast, which is so delicious! He served it with sausage patties, vanilla yogurt with strawberries and strawberry puree. We also had mimosas. Yum.



Wayne bought calla lilies as a centerpiece, and my mom brought some pretty tulips that perfectly complemented the calla lilies.





My gift from Wayne and the kids is an awesome gas fire pit thingy.



They also bought the makings for s'mores. I love s'mores, and now I don't have to go camping to have an excuse to make them.

For dinner, we went to my aunt's house. We had a really nice time. My sister didn't show (so her kids weren't there), and neither of my cousins made an appearance either. I think my grandma, my mom and my aunt were a bit bummed. My aunt did get to spend the day with her granddaughter, though, and I guess they had a nice day. And of course, I had Paige and Maya with me (and Wayne, too), and my brother was there.

If my kids ever ditch for Mother's Day, I will not be a happy camper. Unless, of course, they are geographically unable to be with me. You know, like they can't afford to fly to Mexico to visit us at our villa. I always feel bad for Wayne and his mom; she lives in Louisiana, and both of her sons live in other states (South Carolina and Washington). Her mom passed away right between my MILs birthday and Mother's Day (5/5/02), so May is a really difficult month for my MIL.

No comments: