Saturday, October 20, 2007

proof in pictures

that I can complete a task,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(the family room/kitchen area, which I painted using a rag-on technique)

and then will actually go forward with another task.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(the dining room, which will be three different colors and will require 4 different colors of paint)

I have to say that painting the ceiling really sucks, but at least it's a small ceiling.

I'm a little unsure about the color I chose for the next part of the dining room-- the little ledge thingy that sits just below the ceiling. It's going to be "vin rouge" and it's a little more purpley than I expected. It does require a primer coat, which I hope will tone down the purple a bit (though the primer is lavender-ish). More to come...

1 comment:

Shan said...

Love the ragging. It looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the dining room finished. Love the ceiling.

And just wanted to let you know that years ago we painted our living room "ruby lips" and the colour in the can was hot pink. It dried a very lovely deep burgundy. So I wouldn't worry just yet.