Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Organized

I need to get organized. The probblem is that I have ADD...or something like it. I can't keep anything organized because my brain is always so damn scattered.

I've taken down and packed away all the Xmas stuff. Actually, I miraculously had that all done by the time the new year began. Usually I start the task and Wayne completes it, but he was working. I did it all by myself!!

Then I decided I was tired of having clothes piled three feet deep on my laundry room floor. I have a laundry room. Not just a closet for my washer and dryer but a room that is probably 100sq ft and is covered by clothes. teenagers' clothes. they clean their rooms and throw all the clothes, whether they fit or not, whether they are fashionable or not, whether they will ever wear them again or not, in the laundry room. For me to wash, dry, fold and put back in their rooms only to end up back in the laundry room. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. It's a vicious cycle.

I bagged up FOUR lawn and leaf bags of clothes that belong to Paige and Brittani. They are under strict instructions to not bring clothes back down to the laundry room unless they will be washing, drying, folding and putting it all away themselves. First of all, how did my kids aquire so many articles of clothing? It's sick and over-indulgent. It's times like that that make me think I'm probably not a very good parent.

Anyway, my laundry room is clean, but I have a bunch of clothes on my front room couch that need to be folded. And I have some shit inthe hallway that I took from the laundry room and put out where everyone could see it. And please ignore the Polly Pockets, Little Ponies and Barbie/Barbie shit that litters my floor.

This is the year that I am going to fight for a housekeeper. Just because I'm a stay-at-home-mom doesn't mean that I should spend all my time cleaning up after everyone. there are perfectly capable people who are paid good money to do that. I don't get paid shit.

and yes, I am drunk.

Oh, and when I cleaned all the clothes off the laundry room floor, we found that a pipe has been leaking onto the floor of the laundry room. It'll probably cost us a fortune to fix it. I told Wayne to call the landlord, but damn...we don't have a landlord anymore.

That's the downside to homeownership. Probably the only downside.

No comments: