Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saved by the 700 Club

Damn. Maya is freaking me out.
She's been really afraid lately. She freaks out about going upstairs by herself. She's been coming into our bed again-- a lot. The other night, she came in our bed, which is too small for the three of us. I was feeling claustraphobic, so I had Wayne put her back to her bed. That was at about 4:30. She kept getting up! She was shaking and crying. I finally got up with her at 5:30 or so; usually she doesn't wake up until 9:30 (unless she has school).

Last night at about 12:40 (I went to bed a little past midnight), I hear her screaming for me. I run to her room, which is right next to ours, and hope I get to her before she runs out of the room. Then I hear something weird: footsteps running on our stairs. Maya was downstairs and running up to me. She ran into my arms and was crying and shaking; I was really concerned. I am really concerned. I was asleep for maybe 30 minutes. How did she get downstairs without me hearning her? She could have walked right out the door. Is she sleep walking? Has she gone downstairs on previous nights? I just don't know what to do about these sudden changes in her behavior.

No more TV shows that deal with spirits, like Ghost Whisperer, because she has a spirit and death fixation now, too. I'm thinking no more Surface, either, which is her other favorite show. She's not happy about it, but she'll learn to deal.

I need to figure out how to make her feel better. Maybe I'll ask her teacher for suggestions.

Last night we went to dinner at The Hungry Goose. It was so good! We've tried to eat there several times, but our plans always fell through, for whatever reason. We used to love Mama Stortini's, but they changed the food to a lower quality, IMO, and the atmosphere is more pretentious now. I knew they changed the minute we walked in, in November. They had only changed it two weeks prior to our last visit. Last visit, indeed! It really was yucky.

Anyway, The HG Bistro was yummy, and they had great service. The menu was varied and difficult to choose from. I had bacon-wrapped scallops and Wayne had lamb. Maya had Kraft Mac-n-Cheese, which we probably paid way too much for! They have a huge assortment of martinis; I had a lemon drop and a Washington Appletini, which were so good! Wayne had his usual: vodka martini, dirty, on the rocks. He said it was a very good martini. Appetizer was prawns in chili sauce, and dessert was creme brulee.

My mom, sister and aunt are coming over today for lunch to discuss my grandparents' 5oth wedding anniversary party, which will be held in March at their church. I plan to make quiche for lunch with a nice spinach salad that is always a favorite. Of course the Seahawks are in the playoffs, so mom and aunt Debbie are all a-twitter over that. Luckily we have a 61" TV that they can watch it on while we hammer out the details of the party.

oh, tangent...
sorta.

Last night at dinner, we had three couples seated at the table directly behind me. They love Jesus. I know because they spoke of it often and quite loudly. They didn't seem to know each other at all. One couple was particularly amusing; I shall call them Billy Bob and Pauline or BB & P. BB & P have a son who has Jesus in his heart, even if he does sport a few too many piercings for their taste. They got married when she was 16 and he was 18. Their eldest child was born a few months later. BB was a drug addict and alcoholic, and he, his sister and mom went through recovery together. Pauline, bless her heart, was Saved at age 12 while watching the 700 Club. BB & P were so insane. They would not SHUT UP about Jesus, and they were so close to me that I couldn't help but to listen to that crazy talk while I ate my fabulous dinner.

Do you know how many times a week I am thankful to not be a Christian? Only every day!

No comments: