Sunday, February 25, 2007

an inconvenient truth vs pmrc

Does anyone remember the pmrc? I was a teen when the PMRC was at its tizziest, and I listened to a lot of the music they were horrified by. Check out this wikipedia entry if you're lost and have no clue what the hell I'm talking about. The article also includes a picture of Rage Against the Machine sporting nothing but some sharpie and duct tape. You know you want to look...

I just finished watching the Oscars and all the love that was thrust upon Al Gore. I like Al Gore, but I think I like him more now than I did 8 years ago. Anyway, as I was watching the love fest, I couldn't help but wonder how many in the audience were appalled at the whole PMRC thing, of which Tipper Gore was the very vocal crusader. She seems to keep a pretty low-profile while Al is being worshipped by celebs far and wide. Everyone hated the PMRC (thanks for the stickers, btw-- they really help me decide which music to buy. PARENTAL ADVISORY usually).

So, do I love Al Gore more than I hate Tipper? Hm. I'll have to think on that one.

No comments: