Tuesday, March 6, 2007

crybaby

I mentioned in my last post that I am slightly emotional this week. This week actually includes last week.
Movies made me cry. Books made me cry. Laundry soap all over the laundry room made me cry.
Today was the worst, though. Normally if I feel like busting out some stress relieving tears, I am in my own home away from the stares of other people. Today was different.

A senior citizen came into Maya's class while I was volunteering, and she read a story to the kids. It seemed like a harmless tale of an old Jewish widow who befriends a little boy who is African-American. It was such a sad story-- a wonderful story that weaves together the lives of this lonely old woman and the lively little boy-- but it's a heart-tugger.

So, this old woman is reading the story, and by the time she gets to the end, I am tearing up. In front of 2o kids and a teacher. I was in the back of the room, so I popped into the little kindy bathroom to compose myself before I was busted for crying.

I think we'll be adding Mrs. Katz and Tush to Maya's library. Only $6.99 at Amazon!

No comments: