Sunday, November 21, 2010

first snow!

We got our first snow of the season today.

I woke up this morning and laid in bed watching Hoarders; Maya went downstairs to play on the computer; Wayne was still sleeping.  About 45 minutes into my show, I decided to check Facebook, which was filled with snow status updates. What?  I was shocked.

I ran over to the bedroom window, and sure enough: snow everywheres!  Maya totally didn't notice it through the windows when she came downstairs (beeline to the computer).  We were so excited!  Snow is one of those things, though, that we love for a little while and then we're over it.  Today is perfect because it's not a heavy accumulation, but it's enough to look pretty.

Last year we didn't really get any snow.  We had zero snow days to make up at the end of the year, which was lovely.  I've heard that the PacNW will have a brutal winter this year thanks to El Nino, so I guess we better update our winter gear.  I can't wait for Maya to stop growing, so we don't have to buy new seasonal gear every year.

No comments: