Monday, November 13, 2006

I had to teach my class tonight in Tacoma. Usually I teach out of my home, which is not in Tacoma, but my house is scary right now. Not conducive to relaxation, one might say. It looks kids of like a minor bomb went off here.

My friend, Jen, has been teaching at this chiropractor's office for a long time. He recently made an apartment next to the office available for her to teach in, and I love it. He wants to make it open for other groups, like LLLI groups, ICAN of Tacoma (that would have been so nice for us!) and Bradley teachers. He would also like a midwife and LMP have their practices there. It's a good, open space with enough room for a massage room and an exam room, plus a waiting area and bathroom. I thought it might make a good birth center, but that's a lot of work.

I'm thinking of teaching there instead of at my house simply because it is so easily accessible off of I-5. My house is out in the boonies. My students tend to complain about the drive, and I don't blame them. Traffic is a bitch, and class starts at 6:30--right in the worst traffic time. I'll have to think about it because commuting would really suck-- especially for a job where I make no money.

Paige had her final drive in driver's ed tonight. She can take her written test whenever and her driving test in two weeks. Wow. How did I get old enough to have a sixteen year old, anyway?

I am so tired again tonight. I got Maya off to school, and then Wayne and I went back to bed. We slept from 8:30 until 11:00. We so needed the sleep. I cannot wait for this job to be over, but we're already talking about tiling the kitchen and other two bathrooms ourselves. With those rooms, we'll add electric radiant heat.

Oh!!! One of my students had their baby; they had their first baby in 2004, and they took my classes, then, too. They had a baby girl on Thursday: 1olbs9oz and 20.5 inches long. She had her baby verrry fast-- she barely made it to the hospital. Half of baby was born in the elevator and the rest was born on the gurney as they entered the LDR room. No drugs. No tearing. Yea for them!! They are babymooning now. Have I mentioned that I love my job?

No comments: