Tuesday, November 28, 2006

let it snow...

Well, be careful what you ask for.
All I wanted was a 2 hour delay of the school day, but instead, school was canceled. There wasn't even very much snow, but it was icy. People were sliding all over the damn road-- especially those super cool SUVs and pick-up trucks.

I drove Britt to a friend's house. Paige walked to a friend's house (she was being completely rude, so I refused to drive her). There's no school again tomorrow, so Kels and Brian were here for dinner, and the three of them are in the hot tub now.

The kids all loved my baked potato soup. You should try it. I'll put the recipe at the end of this post. For now, it's picture time!

I have yet to figure out how to photograph my house in a way that makes it appear even somewhat attractive. Having Wayne in the picture helps :-)

As you can see, we didn't get much snow, but it was enough to bring the entire puget sound to a halt:



to da left:



to da right:




I drove today, and while I was coming home (around 4:30), I took a few pictures. I was driving and trying to not rear-end the person in front of me. While on the cell phone.

Just kidding.

It was balmy today:



Nice color to the sky in the background:



I managed to avoid rear-ending this person:



The mountain (Mt Rainier) looked awesome. This time next year, a Lowe's will probably be in the foreground lot:



Happy Snow Day, to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm, where's the soup recipe?